A beautiful post by Ron Edmondson
I want to give a tribute to the mother who has no children.
I’ve always been sensitive this time of year to the mothers without children.
You know the ones.
They never had children.
For whatever reason.
- Some never married.
- Some never tried.
- Some never could.
They never had children, but they:
- Care for others sacrificially, simply for the joy of giving.
- Are willing to fight lions, tigers and bears (Oh my!) for the ones they love.
- Have more strength than the average man when caring for someone.
- Are taken advantage of because of their generosity.
- Love deeply and unconditionally.
- Strive to make the world a better place for those around them.
- Always thinking of others and willing to put others ahead of themselves.
Sounds like a mother to me.
Many of them wanted to be a mother…but they never were given that blessing.
But, they have a mother’s heart.
Oh, they may not have children…not in the natural sense…but in heart…they are every bit a mother.
And, if God were to celebrate Mother’s Day, I think He would include them in the celebration.
Because in God’s way of doing things, it’s always about the heart.
“Man does not see what the LORD sees, for man sees what is visible, but the LORD sees the heart.” (1 Samuel 16:7)
As you celebrate Mother’s Day this year, don’t forget the mother who has no children.